Varsityedge.com – College Athletic Recruiting Process for parents, high school athletes and coaches
Welcome to Varsityedge.com – Varsityedge provides information for parents, student-athletes, & coaches on the college recruiting process and what it takes to play at the next level. Here you will find information on athletic scholarships, recruiting, financial aid, recruiting rules, college applications, visiting schools, life as a college athlete, coaches/player interviews, NCAA rules, and much more. Varsityedge.com is also the home of The Making of a Student-Athlete – Succeeding in the College Selection and Recruiting Process for High School Athletes, Parents and Coaches. Varsityedge.com is your athletic recruiting resrouce for all student-athletes, parents, coaches, counselors, and anyone else looking for information on the college athletic recruiting process.
The Making of a Student-Athlete (now in it’s 14th edition! revised in 2017) is a 241-page guide for high school athletes, parents, & coaches who wish to learn the complicated college athletic recruiting and application process.
Whether you are a parent, a blue-chip athlete, an aspiring scholarship athlete, a walk-on prospect, a coach or guidance counselor wondering how you can help yourself or your players, The Making of a Student-Athlete will guide you through the archaic world of the college selection and athletic recruiting process. The Making of a Student-Athlete evaluates every factor that plays a role in your recruiting process, from the college applications, matching your skills to different schools, putting yourself in a position to be recruited, what college coaches look for in recruits, NCAA rules, athletic scholarships, financial aid, contacting coaches, resume writing, camp, showcase, and tournament participation, and much more. The Making of a Student-Athlete has been used by parents and students at all levels to help them communicate with college coaches, find schools that are a good match, and secure thousands of dollars in athletic scholarship money, academic grants, and additional financial aid.
- How do I get recruited to play college sports?November 7, 2017 - 10:05 pm
- NCAA Eligibility Changes for High School AthletesOctober 3, 2017 - 8:37 pm
- How Weather and Climate Can Affect Your College Athletic Recruiting Process.March 13, 2017 - 8:13 pm
- Five Factors That Will Determine Your Success or Failure in the Athletic Recruiting ProcessMarch 2, 2017 - 8:27 pm
- How do I get recruited to play college sports?
- NCAA Eligibility Changes for High School Athletes
- How Weather and Climate Can Affect Your College Athletic Recruiting Process.
- Five Factors That Will Determine Your Success or Failure in the Athletic Recruiting Process
- Perception vs. Being Realistic in the Athletic Recruiting Process